Everything you need to know in the A. M.
October 11, 2019
Daytime highs to 35
Overnight lows to 20
School Lunch Menu:
Primary: Hot Ham & Cheese on Ciabatta or Pretzel w/Cheese
Secondary: Bacon Burger or Chicken Po'Boy
Late School Buses:
Road Construction Projects:
ALASKA HIGHWAY MP 1309 TOK RIVER BRIDGE REPLACEMENT ROAD CONSTRUCTION through October
- Construction crews are working on the new Tok River Bridge.
- Drivers should be aware of DELAYS with PILOT CAR and flagging operations.
- Drivers should be aware of a DETOUR and reduced speeds of 35 MPH, as well as intermittent flagging operations.
- Crews are working from 7:00am to 5:30pm. Please be aware of trucks and equipment entering and exiting the work zone. Tok River State Campground is open and will remain open through construction.
BADGER ROAD TWO-WAY LEFT-TURN LANES ROAD CONSTRUCTION through October
- Crews have finished mainline pavement and are now working to finish the project.
- Throughout the week of August 26, crews will be working between Dennis Road and Old Badger Road on paving approaches and driveways. Crews will also be working along the shoulder, including hauling and shaping material to protect the new asphalt. Drivers should expect flagging operations and DELAYS up to 10 minutes.
- Crews are also seeding the slopes and installing signs. Drivers should expect flagging operations with short DELAYS, and be aware of slow moving equipment.
- No work is expected to occur from Saturday, August 31 through Monday, September 2, in observance of Labor Day Weekend.
DANBY STREET TO WEMBLEY AVENUE ROUNDABOUT & WEMBLEY AVENUE IMPROVEMENTS ROAD CONSTRUCTION through August
- Crews will be using trucks to haul backfill material to and from the site on both Danby Street and Wembley Avenue.
- Please be aware of trucks entering and exiting the area.
- Crews are working from 7:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week, with brief periods of night shift work.
- Drivers should be aware of CHANGING TRAFFIC PATTERNS, as well as LANE RESTRICTIONS and flagging operations.
- Drivers should also expect brief CLOSURES for paving and striping operations later in the summer