Interior Alaska - Construction Updates
We all know there's two seasons in Alaska ~ Winter and Construction. This summer will be especially busy with major road construction improvements to include the University/Geist/Johansen Project and the Farmers Loop Resurfacing Project. No worries, Alaska's New Country 102.5 KIAK-FM will keep you updated on ALL road construction projects happening this summer in the Interior of Alaska. Listen to your favorite country station for all your construction updates and for more detail check out ALASKA NAVIGATOR.
Attention Fairbanks commuters:
Some changes are coming to the University Avenue construction project this WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15. Here is what you can expect:
- · Geist Road and the Johansen Expressway will be OPEN to through-traffic on Wednesday morning, August 15.
- · University Avenue north of the Geist/Johansen intersection will be CLOSED to through-traffic between University Avenue and College Road starting Wednesday morning, August 15. Please see the attached map for more information on the new detour routes.
- · University Avenue south of the Geist/Johansen intersection will be temporarily restricted to one lane in each direction.
- · Pedestrian access will be maintained through the project area following posted detour signs.
- · Local and business access will be maintained throughout construction.
The University Avenue construction project will remain active into November. Please use caution when traveling through the work zone. Many thanks to all of you for your patience this construction season. These improvements will result in fewer crashes at this intersection, which currently has the highest frequency of crashes of any intersection in the Northern Region.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at (907) 451-5307 or email@example.com.
See above for a look at the improved University/Geist/Johansen intersection when it’s all done and finished. Another major road construction project will be the resurfacing of Farmers Loop and the bike - pedestrian path. This will begin at the end of May and as displayed in the graphic below shows what to expect during the different phases of the project.